Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Travel Light, Buy a Backpack!

Osprey Atmos 50 Pack
If you want to cut down on travel costs and save your back, then you need to adopt a 'travel-light' philosophy. Now, if you're anything like me, then you probably pack a suitcase for a weekend getaway. So how in the world am I supposed to change my ways and pack a 50L backpacking bag for two months? Well, I haven't quite figured it out yet. But here's the bag I choose after trying on twenty different backpacks at REI.

I choose this pack because the dimensions are still small enough to qualify as a carry on on EasyJet flights, so i won't have to pay the ridiculous baggage fees when flying from country to country. Also, for the ladies out there, I tried on both men's packs and women's packs and I did not see that much difference.

TIP: Try on the right size regardless of gender and learn how to adjust it. I choose this one for the awesome mesh back (super comfy and airy) and extra padding on the hip and shoulder straps.

I iniially planned on purchasing a backpack on ebay, but honestly, if I'm going to be saddled with this thing for two months, I better make sure it's comfortable! I'm taking this bad boy on a practice run for a week long getaway in just a few days and I have my fingers crossed I can leave my suitcase ways behind.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment